If you feel like bad feelings hang heavy in your home, one solution is a little friend who will soak up that negativity. This squidgy buddy will absorb bad energy like a sponge absorbs water. Make sure to focus on your intent as you make it, and don’t leave it to suck up negativity for too long, or it might start expelling it!
I get this question so often, And really, It seems like a simple question
“How do I start practicing Witchcraft?”
But there isn’t a simple Answer.
I can’t say, Read this book, Don’t read that one, Buy this, or have that.
Witchcraft is such a broad spectrum.
Witchcraft is a magical practice. Energy manipulation, Through intention. In simple terms.
It goes by different names, Depending on the tradition.
Conjure, Magick, Brujeria, ect
I think there a few ways to introduce yourself to the Craft.
- Be realistic. Know that real magic is not like in the Movies. We are not assigned a Fairy Godmother, Or a Magic Wand that will solve all our problems.
- Research different Traditions, and Religions (The internet and your public library are great places for this) . Magic is everywhere, But it isn’t always called that. Find one that sticks out to you, And study it.
- Once you find a path take time to learn the History, How it works, The do’s, The don’ts, And the basics.
- Dedicate one notebook to document all your leanings. Use this as a reference.
Research different forms of Divination, And try them out.
- Be redundant with your studying. This isn’t a small thing you’re learning, And you want to fully understand what you are getting into before you start to cast anything.
- Be crafty. Try DIY’ing some Witchy items
- Get connected with Others who are also learning.Tumblr is a great place for that, As there are many Witch-Blogs here.
- Lean about your environment. Collect stones, flowers, herbs, barks, feathers, Things that are making themselves known to you. What trees grow near you. What flowers grow wild? How can you use these magically?
Once you feel like you have reached a level of confidence (Meaning you did all your studying)
(If you chose a religion: Learn what sort of offerings are appropriate)
- Practice mini spells. Make spell bags for luck, and Confidence, Try out a Glamour Spell, Do blessings, And cleansings, Practice “Energy Feeling” exercises.
- Be open about your study – To an extent. (This is how you meet like minded people)
- Share knowledge with like minded people – Tell others what you have learned, And listen to what they have learned.
Somewhere between slathering conditioner onto my hair and rinsing the excess off, I went into a meditative-visual state. It’s happened before in the shower but usually when I feel the need to do a small ward of some kind. This time it just happened.
I began pulling a large sphere of white energy, about the size of a basketball, out of my body. It was rotating slowly and even giving off little energy flares, like a miniaturized sun. I “saw” it as energy but my mind wondered what kind. Is this positive energy? Is it negative? What do I do with it?
It was neither. The energy was a part of me but I could now see that there was something not quite right about it. So I examined it, inside and out, and found a black substance at the core. With one hand I slowly reached in and when I touched the black object, the size of a golf ball, the tips of my fingers were given a sharp prick followed by a continuous buzz.
I pulled it out, slowly, and then rested it in the palm of my hand. I imagined the night sky in front of me, galaxies, nebulas, stars, and offered it to the Universe, letting it know that I was giving it to them and for them to do with the energy as they saw fit. I blew on it a couple of times, like when blowing on a dandelion.
When it was gone I looked back at my white sphere. I smoothed out the parts where I had disturbed the surface and then began pushing it back into my body. When I knew it was fully in, I took a deep breath, to breathe new life into it. Then I pushed the energy down with one hand and up with another, to help spread it to the rest of my body. Then I spread it to my arms, like I was pushing down sleeves. Once finished, I snapped my fingers to signify the closing of any loose ends for the energy to siphon off.
And I feel better.
Anonymous asked: Do you know any spells for protection?
Protection and Warding
- War Water
- Ward Water
- Home Protection Spell
- Home Protection Spell #2
- Herbal Protection Bath
- Protection Bottle Spell
- Protection Charm
- Protection Charm #2
- Earth Protection Ward
- A Ward of Protection
- Witch Bottle for Protection
- Witch Bottle for Protection #2
- Full Moon Protection Spell for Jewelry
- Fiery Wall of Protection Powder
- A Spell for Safe Flight
- Charm for Safe Travels
- Safe Travel Charm Spell
- Vehicle Protection Powder
- Floral Attrangement Protection
- Moon Infused Protection Water
- Rainbow Protection Bottle
- Protection Sachet
- Stone Wall Protection Spell
- Easy Protection Charm
- House Protection Charm
- Protection Bottle Spell
- Anti-Intruder Charm
- Crab “Alarm” Protection Charm
- Peace and Protection Spell Bottle
- Protection Powder
- Elemental Protection Spell
- Threshold Protection Spell
- Full Moon Protection Charm
- Sea Protection Bottle
- Simple Shrine Spell of Protection
- A Witch’s Jar for Protection
- “Hell Hath No Fury” Protection Powder
- Dragon’s Blood Peace and Protection Charm
- Samhain Protection Spell
- Samhain Protection Amulet
- Winter Weather Protection Charm
- How to Make a Protective Talisman
- Home Protection Spell Bottle
- Enchant an Object for Protection
- Simple Protection Sachet
- Charm of the Beast
- Three Red Leaves Protection Spell
- Simple Hex Ward Against Theft
- “Rhiannon” Protection Spell
- Potent Protective Witch Bottle
- Wreaths for Protection and Happiness
- Door Blessing Spell
- Patronus Ward
- Peacock Key Ward
- Protection Spell: “My Blood is Armor”
- Property Protection Spell
- Wall of Fire Property & House Protection Spell
- Protection Blend (for jars/bottles/pouches/incense)
- Wearable Protection Charm (enchant jewelry piece)
- Basic Warding Jar
- Protection Bouquet Spell
- Knitting Spell (For Protection)
- Sea Witch’s Charm Bag for Warding
These should help! Thanks to @natural-magics
And here are some links for beginners to witchcraft and paganism!
Ideas for altar in a small space and hiding altars by singingmountainwitc
Apartment Witchcraft by nieceoftheserpent
Magic on a budget tips by low-budget-witches
Being a Witch on a Budget by borrowednebula
Getting started tips by bibliophilicwitch
Casting a circle by natural-magics
Energy Manipulation and Grounding 101 by stsathyre
Herbs by skinnybitchwitch
Newbie Pagan Resources and Advice by vaporwitch
Good advice by vaporwitch
Advice to a Beginner by stormsorceress and knotted-vines
Free witchy apps by belladonnaswitchblog
Magic Users Directory by pomegranateandivy
Witch Jars 101 by nieceoftheserpent
Cleansing 101 by nieceoftheserpent
101 Articles by merkavahpartyvan
Downloadable Resources by thelivingwiccan
Pagan PDFs by wiccanwonders
Please let us know if you have any links you want us to add!
Into an apple stick twelve pins. With each pin mutter over the apple:
“It’s not this apple alone I stick,
But —‘s heart/mind that I prick,
Whether s/he be asleep or awake,
I’d have him/her come to me an speak.”
Then throw the apple into a fire and wait.
This is a spell I learned a long time ago. It’s actually a mixture of two spells, as the apple spell did not give any words, so I added them in. Alternatively, you could just prick the apple, scream the name of the person, and throw it into the fire, but I feel that this is more eloquent.
This is a form of image magic, as though driving the idea of visiting your home into the heart or mind (you can use the former for a “lover”) of the person you wish to summon. The burning in the fire, of course, is to send your request out into the world upon the smoke.
- Focus for a moment on calming yourself, and once you have a clear mind, imagine a nice fluffy robe around you (I always imagine one like in the game Journey) made of white and protective light. This is the universe’s energy, and nothing ill can penetrate it once it is surrounding you.
- This is recommended to repeat once or twice a day to maintain the shielding.
- Ask your guardian spirits (either allowed or through your mind) to protect you.
- Always command that the guardians who help “come in light.” And if not, say they must leave. You don’t even have to know their name, but if they aren’t here to help, then they shouldn’t be around you. So just command this and all with ill intentions will be forced to leave.
- Call on them for a need by need basis.
- Imagine your aura (trust whatever color you see in your mind’s eye), and then imagine it hardening, like it’s calcifying around you. It can get as hard as a rock, or like armor.
- This can sometimes push away any energy exchanges, so you could feel more distant from positive interactions too.
- Usually lasts between 4 hours-2 days, depending on the strength of your intention.
- Draw with a pen, marker, or with the tip of your finger (if you don’t need visible lines) a sigil with the intention of protecting yourself. A sigil is most basically an energetic line (or series of them) with an intention. The lines hold the energy and magnify the intention.
- Here are examples.
I’ll add other ways as I use, remember, or learn them.
Charge a green candle and then draw a picture representing the sickness. Burn the picture while saying:
I call upon (God or goddess of your choice)
Heal (Name) of the sickness that ails (Him/her)
As the paper burns,
let (his/her) health restore
by the power of three times three,
as I will it so mote it be!
Let the paper burn all the way down and then blow out the candle.
*The green candles represents the healing powers of the earth*
*This spell can be done on ones self or on another person*