A spell to protect you from negativity and weakness, to reinforce your emotional armour. To protect you from harm that comes from within.
- Black pepper, lime, garlic
- Red pen
- Red cloth
- Red ribbon (or scrap of cloth, elastic, string)
- Needle and thread (or staples, glue)
- Blood/red paint/red ink
- Cut a square of fabric and sew it into a pouch. While sewing, focus on your intent. Stuff the pouch with your herbs, and sew it shut.
- Sew or otherwise attach a length of ribbon to either side of the pouch. You should be able to tie them together around your forearm.
- This is your first shield.
- Write the phrase “My blood is armour” in a circle around your non-dominant arm (left, for most people) where you will tie the shield. Repeat it if necessary.
- Along the back of your arm, smear the blood/paint/ink, preferably into a rough square shape.
- The blood and words together form your second shield.
- Tie the cloth shield in place, over the blood shield, while repeating the words “My blood is armour”, and focusing on being protected from negativity and weakness.
I realize the phrasing is a little obscure and definitely use a different chant if you prefer. I used this chant because of the idea of having armour under your skin, having armour to protect you from within. Also, I actually use the Sindarin translation “Gerin sereg nin sui ambath nin”, which is more exactly I have my blood as my armour.