Now I’m all sure we’ve heard of the patronus. It’s s spell from the Harry Potter series. The patronus spell goes like this: expecto patronum. To successfully cast the spell, one must muster the happiest memory they can think of (the happier the memory, the better the charm will work) and begin drawing circles with their wand so as to increase the power of their spell. They must then say the incantation, “Expecto Patronum”; the Patronus will come from the tip of the wand and can be directed towards a target by pointing one’s wand at said target. Designed to work against Dementors and Lethifolds, it also was used as a messenger type spell by Dumbledore.
So what’s my point? My point is, here’s my patronus spell.
- wand (can be a wand like substitute)
- 4 stones
- The first step is the hardest, for this you need to spend a fair amount of time. You need to do some deep inner thinking and work out what is the animal you really identify with. I’m making you pick this yourself because it needs to be what you feel the connection with. Once you’ve picked one out, look into them more, see what they’re known for and what they’re associated with.
- The pen and the paper are for writing down about your animal. Make it detailed and well put, so that when you need your patronus, you can properly visualize it without as much thought.
- Now, pick a truly happy memory, something that makes you smile and maybe laugh at the mere thought of it.
- Write that memory down along with the animal information.
- Place the paper where you can always find it. In your BoS or grimoire or what have you.
- Now take the stones and doodle the animal on them or just name the animal on them if your not happy with your doodles.
- Take your wand, picture your happy memory and your animal, say: expecto patronum, while making the circular motions over the stones.
- Now place the stones at the four corners of your room or house.