memoirsoffindingmyself asked: Hi! I’m just getting back into using tarot cards and reigniting my innate psychic talent(I was taught as a child to be afraid of it, and to take great pains not to use it.) I was wondering if you would have any advice for me on my new found journey?
arcanemysteries answered: I am so excited for you on your journey. Sometimes growing up, we are forced to repress our gifts and believe what others believe. I am glad you are finding your own way.
- Never stop learning. The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you close yourself off to peeling back more layers of knowledge and insight with divination
- Be yourself. There is only one you. Don’t try to be a copy of anyone else.
- You won’t learn Tarot or divination in one day or by reading one book. It takes time to learn and become comfortable with it.
- Find a balance between universal meanings and your own intuitive meanings for the cards.
- Question everything.
- Embrace your skills and knowledge that come from outside Tarot. These make you unique.
- No matter how authoritative the source, your meanings for the cards are what matters.
- Do not allow a client to abuse and mistreat you.
- Set boundaries for yourself.
- It is okay to say no to family and friends who only want to use you for divination.
- Your intuition is a beautiful thing. Learn to listen and embrace it.
- Take care of your body as well as your mind.
- Talk to other diviners and tarot readers.
- Have fun.